Jun 24, 2010

MMA XL PRESENTS: HOW SHOGUN DEFEATED MACHIDA'S KARATE

Seven-time karate champion João Gilherme Bendly, was responsible for mimicking Lyoto Machida's fighting style as a sparring partner for Shogun Rua. In an interview with www.Tatame.com, Bendly said the following. I memorized Lyoto from the top to the bottom so that I can impose myself in front of Shogun, because what he needed was the karates timing, the defense techniques of Lyoto. This timing is different and requires years of practice in Karate and thats exactly what he needs. I adapted my game to Lyotos and did what he does in front of Shogun to do this specific training." I think that Lyoto wont change much his style because its been working very well for him. You cant change ten years of practice in four months. I guess he will still be defensive since hes really good at it, counter attacking. He may work on this timing and be more prepared just as Shogun. But I think Shogun will win." "I think it will be like the last fight, the kicks from Shogun are certain and I think this fight will be aggressive, rather than the previous one." Here's some of the footage. www.evolucaothai.com www.mmaxl.com

0 comments:

Unbox Videos